As the clocks go back this Sunday and another lockdown begins, we’re taking that as our cue to hunker down and embrace autumn good and proper. And what better way to get you through the long days and dark evenings than by comfort eating ‘til your heart’s content?
Luckily porc is a naturally lean meat (bar the delicious but fatty belly), so you don’t even have to feel the guilt as you indulge and ready for winter hibernation!
Whether it’s a classic Sunday roast, slow cooked with epic crispy crackling; a juicy chop; or a hearty one pot wonder – you just can’t beat using seasonal flavours and ingredients to warm you up and get you in the mood for winter.
With that in mind, here’s a list of our top 10 favourite autumnal recipes to get you feeling cosy and comforted:
- Porc shoulder ramen
- Slow roasted belly porc with apple, honey and cinnamon
- Slow roasted porc shoulder with apples, ginger, treacle and allspice
- Porc chops with rarebit topping and skinny fries
- Creamy pepper and mushroom porc steaks
- Paprika porc pot
- Porc, chorizo and white bean hotpot with chunky croutons
- Porc tagine with apricots, sultanas and orange
- Spare ribs with stout and maple glaze
- Spiced porc rocket kebabs with autumn fruits relish
Feeling hungry? Check out the full autumn recipe collection by using the ‘autumn / winter’ seasonal filter on our recipes page.