- Remove the pork from the fridge and allow to reach room temperature. Dry the surface of the pork with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C / 210˚C fan / Gas 8.
- Place the carrot halves, onion wedges and sage leaves in a roasting tin and sit the pork on top. Rub the oil all over the surface of the pork and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180˚C / 160˚C fan / Gas 4 and cook for the remaining time (approximately 1 hour 30 minutes).
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the apples. Slice the top of the apples approximately 1cm from the top and lightly score around the middle of the apple (to prevent it from bursting). Remove the core of the apple.
- Make the filling by heating the oil and butter and gently fry the bacon and onion for a few minutes until lightly browned. Add the sage, cinnamon, apricots and seasoning, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the apples into an ovenproof dish and stuff the centres with the filling. Place a little on top of each one and then pop the lids back on, or place in the tin around the pork joint for the last 35-40 minutes of cooking time.
- Rest the pork before carving.
Roast pork loin served with mini stuffed baked apples
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 1 hrs 50 mins
- Serves 5+
Roast pork with sea salt and sage, served with stuffed apples and bacon. A festive and flavorful dish.