- Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC / 160ᵒC fan / Gas 4.
- Place the cranberries in a small bowl with the sloe gin and allow to soak for 30-60 minutes.
- Dry the outside of the meat and score it deeply using a sharp knife.
- To make the stuffing, place the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, spices and walnut into a bowl and mix together well. Add the cranberries to the stuffing and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully take the joint and make a large, deep cut into the fatty point of the meat (not through the eye of the meat but towards the edge where the meat is most fatty).
- Take the stuffing and push it into this hole. Any remaining stuffing can be shaped into large balls and cooked alongside the joint for about 20 minutes.
- Weigh the stuffed joint and calculate the cooking time: 30 minutes per 450g / ½kg, plus 30 minutes (for medium).
- Brush the joint with oil, sprinkle on salt and rub this into the fat. Place on a rack in a roasting tin and open roast in the oven for the calculated time.
- Remove the joint from the oven and allow to stand for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Save the cooking juices to make the gravy and add a good measure of sloe gin to the gravy while simmering.
- Serve with stuffing balls (if made with any remaining stuffing), roasted parsnips and all your favourite traditional trimmings!
Roast pork loin with sloe gin and walnut stuffing
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 2 hrs
- Serves 5+
Pork joint with cranberry, sloe gin, and walnut stuffing: a mouth-watering and tender dish for special occasions.