- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180ºC fan / Gas 6.
- In a saucepan, bring some water to the boil. Add the sausages and boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the sausages from the water, and skewer each sausage with a wooden skewer.
- With a sharp knife, run around the sausage in a spiral down the length of the sausage. Pull out the sausage along the full length of the skewer.
- Coat each sausage generously with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, peas, and your favourite dipping sauce.