- Line and grease a square 10 inch baking tin. Preheat the oven to 190°C / 170ºC fan / Gas 5.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and when warm, add the streaky bacon and stir until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Add the maple syrup, stirring the mixture again to combine. Transfer the bacon mixture to a bowl for later.
- Over a gentle heat, melt the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add the sugars, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda and stir.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir again.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and the bacon mixture. Fold the mixture together until evenly combined, then add to the baking tin.
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes. Once cooked, remove the tin from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
- Cut the warm brownies into squares and serve with ice-cream.
Maple bacon brownies
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 40 mins
- Serves 5+
This recipe makes approximately 12 brownies.