- Preheat the grill to medium and the oven to 190°C / 170°C fan / Gas 5.
- Fry the chorizo in olive oil over a medium heat until crispy, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the shallots to the frying pan and cook for around five minutes until caramelized, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and stir for around two minutes, until the sugar dissolves and the vinegar evaporates.
- Stir in the mixed herbs, chorizo, ground salt and pepper then remove from the heat.
- Place the pork cutlets on a baking tray and grill for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Carefully mound the chorizo and shallot crust on top of the pork cutlets and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with new potatoes, fresh greens and rich gravy.
Pork cutlets with chorizo and shallot crust by The Rare Welsh Bit
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 50 mins
- Serves 4
We asked local food bloggers to share their favourite pork dishes with us. Here is blogger Kacie Morgan’s recipe, who writes The Rare Welsh Bit. These cutlets are just the thing for a cold, winter’s evening; the chorizo is crisp and smoky and its juices taste delicious soaked into the pork. Taken from the rib end of the pork loin, cutlets are a medallion of meat with the cutlet bone retained, which adds flavour whilst cooking.