- Preheat the oven to 180˚C / 160˚C fan / Gas 4.
- Take the flat piece of pork belly, dry the rind and score deeply with a sharp knife.
- Line a shallow roasting tin with two large pieces of foil and add to this the apple juice, seasoning and spices.
- Place the pork onto the foil and tuck the foil around the joint so that the liquid is against the belly joint, but the top is left dry and exposed. Brush the rind with oil and sprinkle with salt. Open roast for about one hour.
- Add the apples, plums and sage. Now cover over the whole joint with foil and return to the oven for a further hour.
- Once cooked, carefully open the foil, drizzle the rind with honey and place under a preheated grill for about 5 minutes to finish off the crackling.
- Cut the belly into thick slices, drizzle with sauce and serve with fruit.
Slow roasted belly pork with apple, honey and cinnamon
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 2 hrs
- Serves 4
A tender and crispy pork belly roasted with apple juice, spices, and honey, served with a fruity sauce and fresh herbs.