- Heat the butter and oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and lightly cook.
- Add the liver, porc mince and sage and cook until the meat has totally browned and cooked through, for about 4-5 minutes. Add the sherry and allow to bubble to burn off the alcohol.
- Season, add the mango chutney and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the crème fraiche and blend the mixture in a food processor until a smooth pâté is formed.
- Spoon the pâté into small dishes or ramekins and smooth over the top.
- Heat the mango chutney for about 1 minute in the microwave to warm and soften it. Sprinkle the top of the pâté with the chopped nuts and then spoon over the mango chutney to create a thin layer.
- Cover and place in the fridge; chill for about 2-4 hours until the pâté has set and is cooled through.
- Serve the pâté spooned onto toasted rye bread.
Porc, pistachio and mango pâté
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Serves 4
This recipe makes approximately 4 x 200g small jars.