- Make the sauce by heating the oil in a pan and frying the onion for a few minutes until it is softened and starting to colour.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for few more minutes.
- Add the curry powder and flour and stir for a further minute.
- Slowly add the stock, stirring all the time to avoid any lumps.
- Add the honey and soy sauce; boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes (you may need to add more water if it’s a bit thick).
- If you want a smooth sauce, place it in a blender now.
- Prepare the porc by loosely wrapping it in cling film and lightly bash with a rolling pin to make the steaks a little thinner.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three different shallow bowls or plates. Dip the steaks in the flour, then the egg and then in the breadcrumbs, ensuring they’re all well coated.
- Gently heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the porc steaks over a low-medium heat until cooked – approximately 8 minutes each side.
- Serve with sticky rice, the delicious katsu curry sauce and a nice crisp salad or slaw.