- 450g lean porc fillet, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 thick spicy sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 225g long grain rice
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 600ml stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and finely diced
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the sausages and brown. Remove and cool slightly, then cut each sausage into three.
- Add the diced porc and cook until browned.
- Add the jerk seasoning and cook for a further minute.
- Add the long grain rice and stir until it is well coated in the spices.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, stock, tomato purée, and red and yellow pepper. Stir well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (you may need to add extra liquid if sticky).
- Uncover for a further 10-15 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Add the spring onions, chilli (if using) and fresh coriander.
- Serve with crusty bread and extra steamed vegetables if you wish.