- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 160ºC fan / Gas 4. Weigh the joint and calculate the cooking time: 30 minutes per 450g / ½kg, plus 30 minutes (for medium).
- Place all the ingredients for the stuffing into a large bowl and mix together well.
- Dry the outside of the meat and score it deeply using a sharp knife.
- Carefully take the joint and make a deep, large cut into the joint at the fattiest point of the meat. Push the stuffing into the cavity created – any stuffing left over can be made into balls and cooked around the joint for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the joint with oil and salt and rub into the fat. Place on a rack in a roasting tin and open roast in the oven for the calculated time.
- Serve with mashed sweet potato and crispy fried pak choi.
Roast loin of porc with oriental stuffing
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 2 hrs
- Serves 5+