- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 160ºC fan / Gas 4.
- Line a roasting tin with a double layer of foil. Place the joint on a board and carefully, using a sharp knife, remove the rind and a little fat and discard. Score the lean meat in a criss-cross pattern and place it in the roasting tin.
- Mix together the cumin, sugar and chilli and rub into the surface of the meat. Mix together the stock, juice and cordial. Pour this mixture over the meat.
- Scrunch the foil loosely around the joint and use another piece of foil to cover the top. Cook for about 3 hours, until the meat is tender and soft.
- Once cooked, take the tin to the table – the meat should be soft enough to ‘pull’ apart using two forks.
- Serve with jambalaya style rice (pre-cooked coconut rice spiced with a pinch of chilli and cumin, pomegranate, coconut shavings, spring onions and shredded lettuce works well).