- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 160ºC fan / Gas 4-5.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and gently fry the mince and onion for about 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the apple, seasoning, sage and cider, and bring to the boil. Add the gravy granules to thicken the sauce. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut the pastry into 6-8 equal parts and roll out into rough circles. Place the pastry on a small piece of non-stick baking paper. Take a small ramekin/pie dish/deep muffin tin and, picking the pastry up on the paper, line the dish/tin (paper to dish). Push the pastry into the edges and corners, and roughly line.
- Take large spoonfuls of the mince mixture and almost fill the dishes/tins.
- Fold the pastry over to form a lid and roughly pinch the edges to seal.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and then pull out of the pie dishes using the edges of the lining paper – simple!
- Serve hot or warm as a snack or main dish.
Mini porc, sage, apple and cider pies
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 50 mins
- Serves 5+
This recipe makes approximately 6-8 pies.