- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 180ºC fan / Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the porc cubes, bacon lardons, onion and garlic. Cook until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add the apple wedges, seasoning, sage leaves and cider. Allow to bubble. Add the gravy granules to slightly thicken sauce.
- Pour into a large, deep casserole pot.
- Place the sliced vegetables on top of the meat, alternating and mixing up the vegetables to create a deep mixed vegetable layer. Dot with butter and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven for 1½-2 hours (after 1½ hours check the meat by pushing a skewer through to feel how soft it is).
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft and golden.
- Serve with extra steamed seasonal greens.