Spiced Porc Rocket Kebabs with Autumn Fruits Relish
Makes: 6 skewers | Prep Time: 5 minutes + marinating | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 450g (1lb) porc leg or shoulder steaks, cubed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) harissa paste
- 4-6 mini mixed coloured peppers, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small courgette, cut into wedges
- wooden skewers, soaked in water for half an hour
For the autumn fruits relish:
- 5ml (1 tsp) oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red cherry jam or similar red jam
- 30ml (2 tbsp) water
- 150g (5 oz) blackberries, fresh or frozen
- pinch chilli powder
- handful redcurrants (optional)
- Mix together the olive oil and harissa paste. Add the cubes of meat and smear with paste mixture. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes covered and in the fridge.
- Thread the porc cubes and peppers onto wooden skewers.
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 10-15 minutes until meat is cooked through and browned, turning occasionally.
- To make the autumn fruits relish, heat oil in a small pan, add onion and cook slowly until softened. Add remaining ingredients and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with jacket potatoes topped with butter and a large dollop of fruity relish and steamed corn on the cob.