Porc Risotto with Black Pudding, Leeks and Peas
Serves: 3-4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 225g (8 oz) porc tenderloin fillet, cut into thin slices
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 225g (8 oz) arborio risotto rice
- black pepper
- 750-900ml (1¼-1½pt) porc stock
- 75g (3 oz) black pudding, cut into small cubes
- 150g (5 oz) frozen peas
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh basil and mint, roughly chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a splash of oil in a large pan, then add in the porc slices, garlic and leeks and cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Once the porc slices, garlic and leeks are browned, add the rice; season and stir together.
- With the ingredients thoroughly mixed together, add most of the hot stock and stir well – leave a little stock in reserve to help maintain the consistency of the risotto later on.
- Now allow the risotto to simmer for around 15-20 minutes without the lid on. You can add the extra stock if the risotto becomes too dry.
- Next, add the black pudding and peas and heat through.
- Scatter with fresh herbs and Parmesan, then serve.