Porc Spare Ribs with Stout and Maple Glaze
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 1.8kg (4lbs) porc spare ribs
- 60ml (4 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soft brown sugar
- 500ml (1 pt) dark stout
- Preheat oven to Gas 5/190ᵒC/375ᵒF.
- Mix together the maple syrup, sugar and stout. Double line a deep roasting pan with foil. Place the ribs in the pan and pour over the stout mixture.
- Cover with a further piece of foil and cook in a preheated oven for about 1½ hours, until meat is soft around the bone.
- Remove foil and cook uncovered for a further 20 - 30 minutes to reduce and slightly thicken the sauce.
- Serve the ribs in a mound, drizzled with sauce and a herby quinoa seed salad.