Porc and Mushroom Risotto
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 225g (8 oz) lean porc fillet, cut into thin medallions
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 150g (5 oz) risotto (arborio) rice
- 50g (2 oz) mixed mushrooms
- black pepper
- 100g (4 oz) asparagus
- rocket leaves
- 600ml (1 pt) porc stock
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a saucepan and fry the porc with the onion and rice for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mixed mushrooms and stock and bring to the boil; season and simmer gently for approximately 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and all the liquid absorbed. (Add a little more stock if you wish to achieve your desired texture/consistency).
- Add the asparagus, roughly broken into large pieces, then top with rocket leaves and serve.
Serving suggestion: serve with a chunk of crusty bread.