Porc and Bacon Brunch Patties
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 450g (1lb) lean porc mince
- 75g (3oz) lean rashers dry cured back bacon
- black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- Take 450 (1lb) lean porc mince and 75g (3oz) lean rashers of dry cured back bacon, finely chopped, and mix together. Season with black pepper.
- Shape into 4-8 thinnish patties.
- To make the potato rosti, take the grated potato and place on a clean tea towel or kitchen towel to absorb the moisture.
- Place in a bowl and add the onion and season. Combine together.
- Heat 15ml (1 tbsp) oil in a large frying pan, take a handful of the potato/onion mixture and cook until golden brown each side, turning carefully. To bind, squash together while cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat griddle plate or frying pan and cook patties for about 4-5 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
Serving suggestion: serve with cherry tomatoes and a poached egg.