Chunky Porc Chops with Sage, Garlic and Lemon
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinating | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 lean, thick porc chops
- 3 cloves garlic
- black pepper
- 11 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1½ lemons, juice and rind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Parmesan cheese, grated
- baby veg for dipping
- Crush together (either using a pestle and mortar, or bowl and wooden spoon) the garlic, black pepper and 6 sage leaves.
- Add to this the juice and rind of 1 lemon and olive oil.
- Place in a large bowl the thick porc chops and add the marinade mixture; smear all over the chops, cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- To make the buttery dip, add to a small bowl the butter, juice and rind of ½ a lemon, Parmesan cheese, and 5 sage leaves.
- Place in the microwave for about 1 minute or until melted. Stir together.
- Cook chops on a preheated grill, griddle or barbecue for 6-8 minutes per side.
Serving suggestion: serve with a selection of baby seasonal veg, e.g. sugar snap peas, asparagus, baby sweetcorn, baby fennel for dipping - raw or plunged into boiling water - plus a wedge of crusty bread.