Chunky Porc Chops with Rarebit Topping and Skinny Fries
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 4 thick porc chops
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cut in half
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cut into skinny fries
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
For the Welsh rarebit topping:
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 100g (4 oz) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 75ml (5 tbsp) beer
- 5ml (1 tsp) honey
- Preheat oven to Gas 4/180ᵒC/350ᵒF.
- Place the porc chops, garlic, seasoning, olive oil and sage into a large baking pan; mix together to combine all ingredients and then arrange in a single layer over the pan so that they cook evenly.
- Place fries onto a parchment-lined tray, drizzle with oil and arrange in a single layer to cook.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until chops are cooked through and golden and remove fries when crisp and golden.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the Welsh rarebit.
- Spoon the rarebit onto the chops and return to the oven to melt the topping for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with skinny fries and lightly steamed asparagus or French beans for dipping.