Festive Porc Traybake
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes
This one tray meal is ideal for festive family mealtimes, when all you want is to enjoy some hearty food that will cook away on its own while you put your feet up!
- 4 porc cutlets or chops
- 8-12 pigs in blankets
For the marinade:
- juice of 2 satsumas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
For the vegetables:
- 400g parsnips, peeled and halved or quartered
- 350g small potatoes
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 250g sprouts, halved if large
- 2 pears, quartered
- 2 satsumas, halved
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 180ºC fan oven, Gas 6
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the porc cutlets or chops, ensuring both sides are coated. Leave to stand for at least 20 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
- Place the potatoes and parsnips in a pan of boiling water and cook for 8 minutes, then drain.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, seasoning and dried sage. Add all the fruit and vegetables, including the potatoes and parsnips; mix well and transfer into a roasting tray.
- Place the porc and pigs in blankets on top of the vegetables, add any remaining marinade, and cook for approximately 30 minutes until the meat is cooked. After 30 minutes remove the porc and loosely wrap it in foil to rest. Check that the vegetables are cooked and browned – you may need to put them back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve spooned into shallow bowls accompanied by some chunky fresh bread.