Smoky paprika baked pork chops
Pork chops are a great cut – lean, versatile and take only minutes to cook.
The meat carries flavour well and so the right spices can transform this humble cut into a mouth-watering feast.
This dish looks and tastes impressive, but it is really simple to make. It takes just a few minutes to prepare, then you can sit back and wait as the meat marinades into a delicious blend of sweet, spicy and smoky flavours.
Cooking time – about 1 hour
- 4 lean loin pork chops
- 30ml (2tbsp) smoked sweet paprika
- 15ml (1tbsp) light brown sugar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½pt) passata
- 10ml (2tsp) chilli powder
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Line a roasting pan with double layer of foil.
- Mix together paprika, sugar, tomatoes, passata, chilli powder and apple. Pour this mixture into the pan. Add the chops and coat in the sauce.
- Cook for about 45mins - 1 hour, until meat is tender and soft.
- Serve with steamed mixed rices, smoky sauce and seasonal salad leaves.