Pork, ginger and spring onion stir-fry
Stir-fries are perfect for those days when you want a tasty and filling meal - and you want it fast! The succulent pork contrasts beautifully with the freshness of the vegetables – try not to overcook them so they retain some of their crunch. This dish is a much healthier alternative to a take away, and every bit as tasty. In fact, you could prepare and cook this in less time than it would take to get one delivered.
Cooking time – 10 minutes
- 225g (8oz) lean pork loin, cut into thin strips (or alternatively, use a leg steak or fillet)
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 2cm (¾inch) root ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 50g (2oz) baby sweetcorn
- 50g (2oz) green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 227g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 60ml (4tbsp) oyster sauce
- In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the pork strips, for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, baby sweetcorn, green beans, and pineapple. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the oyster sauce and cook for a minute until heated through.
- Serve the stir-fry with noodles or rice, extra stir-fried vegetables and prawn crackers.